Sunday, June 13, 2010

Manchester mischief











The first of the bank hols left time for a quick trip up to Manchester. Those northern girls sure are orange and wear very little! Manchester was a great city with great nightlife and shopping. The Printworks restaurant and bar area was fun for a great night out and the glorious Arndale and Trafford Centre (above) provided hours of pleasure for me - not so much for Si, although even he had fun in the impressive food court at the Trafford Centre.


Wow, the girls in Manchester certainly don’t wear much. Clothes that is, they wear plenty of makeup.


Part of me thought it was awesome, and part of me wept for the future of Britain. They’re all bright orange and pushing push-chairs, dressed up like they’re ready for a night on the town at any time of day.


As it turns out, I needn’t have left our hotel, which was hosting not only a movie convention but a science fiction convention, too. I let Nicola shop by herself, and I stayed in the hotel for half a day!


The city is pretty cool, but I couldn’t live there. There’s not really much green space, it’s not terribly close to the coast, and there’s not much of a river there either. It’s a concrete jungle and a shopper’s dream, but a poor man's London.



Unfortunately we didn't take any pics so just google image searched the above!

No comments: